Landscape Lighting Design & Installation
As outdoor lighting contractors, we have an uncompromising passion for our residential landscape lighting design in Arlington, Fairfax, McLean, Centreville and surrounding towns. There is no room for shortcuts in our business. The high quality exterior lighting fixtures and connections we use, including our components and equipment, ensure that your system operates effectively with minimal maintenance for years to come.
We understand that everyone has their own unique tastes for their home. Since you are familiar with how interior lighting can truly set a mood in a room, the same can be said for landscape lighting. Each design is customized according to your distinct tastes and needs for your entire property from exterior lights for the front of the house to garden lighting for paths, ponds, and patios.
Throughout the entire design process, we will keep you informed about balancing the lighting intensity and placement of exterior lights around your home, garden, outdoor deck, flower bed, pool and stairs. We also handle landscape lighting for commercial properties.
For you to visualize how Enlightened Lights outdoor lighting system will add to your Northern VA home, we offer a complimentary evening design consultation. Whether you live in Arlington, Fairfax, McLean, Centreville or even Washington DC, our exterior lights increase a sense of elegance, safety, and security for homeowners and business properties.
For a nighttime demonstration at no cost or commitment, let us show you how our landscape lights and design ideas will make your gorgeous front walkway or porch columns stand out. We purposely place our LED quality home lighting fixtures to enhance your hardscaped patio or beautiful trees. Feel confident on your outdoor stairs with each step appropriately lit. We will also help you see how you can make your outdoor space usable in the evening with the proper lighting and save energy.
Our technicians have been installing outdoor lighting and garden lighting in the industry for over a decade. Using precision, exact specifications and innovative techniques, we install the highest quality, low voltage LED lights for sidewalk and pathway lighting. In fact, we have set the standards in landscape lighting in northern Virginia.
Lighting System Wire Depth
Other key differences between discount outdoor lighting and Enlightened Lights home and garden architectural lighting equipment are experience and attention to details before, during and after installation.
In fact, our proper line laying tools allow us to bury our wires at a minimum depth of 6 to 9 inches without disrupting your lawn. Most companies follow a 1-3 inch depth for wire. At Enlightened Lights we know that burying the wire at a deeper depth saves you from frustration and additional costs because of accidental cut wires. It also follows the National Electric Code for low voltage lighting.
We take care to work around tree roots, your yard irrigation and even invisible dog fences. One of our most important goals is to leave your property looking more beautiful.
Cementing Light Fixtures in Ground
Having a perfectly straight path light 5-10 years after it is installed is what we expect. We will cement any fixture that is going to stand more than 8 inches off the ground to ensure our designs live up to this standard of excellence. This additional step is another reason our exterior lighting systems are superior.
Landscape Lighting Connections
Like a link in a chain, each wire connection has the potential to be a weak point of an exterior lighting system. No reputable landscape lighting company would use temporary connections, such as pinch connectors or a quick connect. We use our exclusive outdoor permanent connection. It is for that reason we have seen our connections that are 5 years old with copper wire still as shiny as the day it was installed.
Call us now or fill out the online contact form to schedule a no obligation demonstration for your home. Also, check out our photo gallery for examples of our clients’ LED garden lighting, lights for driveway and front of homes in Prince William and Loudoun VA as well as patio wall lights and underwater lights in Washington DC.
Garden lighting continues to be a top trend in outdoor lighting industry. We understand that strategically placed exterior light fixtures make a dramatic enhancement for your property in Northern VA or Washington DC.From underwater lighting to add ambiance to your garden pond, fountain, poolside, or deck to illuminating a garden path, statuary, or fountain specific trees on your property, Enlightened Landscape Lights understands the nuances in enhancing details with quality garden lights for your landscape lighting system.
Unlike other “designers” who just put lights on every tree, which is distracting and too busy, our expert technicians are selective in placing your exterior lighting system so as to compliment your home and landscaping. In fact, we recognize that tree species require different landscape lighting techniques.
- Pine or spruce trees — sometimes we wash pine trees and sometimes we up light them. It is important to make sure the dead branches down low are trimmed up, otherwise it will look like you are lighting a dying tree.
- Harry Lauders Walking Stick — this gnarly looking small tree can look beautiful at night.
- Magnolias — sometimes beautiful, but sometimes brown under leaf makes look unhealthy. Sometimes this can be solved by photo4downlighting the Magnolia tree.
- Large Oak — the Oak is a symbol of strength. A large Oak can be used as a centerpiece for an entire lighting project.
- Beech — with its smooth bark and grand size, this tree can have an amazing effect with the right color temperature lighting
- Japanese Maple — sometimes tricky for lights due to its size of not growing tall, but very wide. It is also very dense, so you need to use bright lights to make it stand out. The deep red color, lacy leaves make this a top tree.
- Dogwood — this tree is also very open and delicate. It typically does not grow too tall, so the Dogwoods help provide lighting that is eye level. When Dogwoods bloom in the spring their pink or white flowers are beautiful with the right lighting in the evening.
- Red Maple — similar to the Japanese Maple, the Red Maple provides wonderful color. They are taller and more open than the Japanese Maple.
- River Birch — the peeling white bark, open branches, and small leaves make this an exceptional tree for outdoor lighting.
- Cherry Tree — recently they put some up lights at the National Cherry Blossom Festival held annually in Washington DC. When these trees are in full bloom they are a real show stopper. The pink or white flowers light up a dark night background that they stand out at night.
- Crape Myrtle — in Northern Virginia around Arlington, Fairfax, McLean, and Centreville as well as in the DC metro area, Crape Myrtles are king. The grow quickly, have a wonderful smooth bark, a lot of structure, and they have vibrant flowers. These trees are simply great for lighting.
Our knowledge and expertise in placing exterior light fixtures with the appropriate intensity and color temperature is how we achieve the desired outcome that Northern VA homeowners are seeking for their garden and home. Call us today to schedule your consultation appointment.
For a free consultation call (703) 520-5021, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or click the button below.